IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, both pilots safeFebruary 24th, 2012 - 3:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) An Indian Air Force (IAF) Mirage-2000 combat aircraft crashed Friday but both pilots ejected to safety, an officer said.
The aircraft, which had taken off from the Gawlior air base in Madhya Pradesh on a routine training sortie, crashed at Bhind, some 32 km away.
“Both pilots ejected to safety,” the IAF officer said.
Engine failure is suspected to be the cause of the crash, the officer added.
- Top officer survives IAF Mirage-2000 crash (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots eject safely (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilot safe - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- IAF plane crashes near Chennai, pilots safe (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- IAF Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe (Third Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in Pakistan - May 11, 2012
- MiG fighter crashes, no loss to life - Feb 04, 2011