IAF fighter aircraft crashes, pilot bails outMay 27th, 2009 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) A MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft crashed Wednesday in Luni region of Rajasthan but the pilot ejected out safely, an air force official said here.
“The aircraft took off from the Jodhpur air base at 12 noon and crashed in the Luni region sometime later. The pilot, Squadron Leader S.P Deb, ejected in time,” an Indian Air Force spokesperson said.
This is the third aircraft that has crashed in Rajasthan in the past one month. Earlier, the air force lost one of its frontline combat jets Sukhoi-30 MKi and a MiG-29.
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- India to open sixth air base in Rajasthan, 100 km from Pakistan - Apr 05, 2010
- IAF MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- IAF's Sukhois to roar close to Pakistan border - Sep 30, 2011
- Sukhoi crashes near Jaisalmer, pilots survive - Nov 30, 2009
- Indian Air Force holds war games in northeast - Mar 01, 2012
- MiG 27 fighter jet crash near Jalpaiguri, pilot safe - Oct 23, 2009
- IAF to stage exercise in Gujarat, Rajasthan - Nov 09, 2011
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- Russian fighter jet crashes into mountain range, killing two - Sep 06, 2011
- New planes' induction will reduce air crashes: Antony - Feb 05, 2011
- Sukhoi fleet grounded after Monday crash (Lead) - Dec 02, 2009