IAF chopper pilots can now move to Pawan HansFebruary 15th, 2008 - 9:12 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) Indian Air Force (IAF) chopper pilots nearing the end of their careers in the force will now be able to seamlessly move to state-owned helicopter service provider Pawan Hans. Under a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed here Friday, “helicopter pilots nearing the end of their flying career in IAF can be inducted into Pawan Hans,” a defence ministry statement said.
“This would ensure Pawan Hans benefits from the extensive operation experience of IAF pilots. At the same time, it will offer a second career option to IAF helicopter pilots, who would be able to utilize their flying skills even after their career in IAF,” the statement said.
“The accrued training and expertise of IAF pilots nearing the end of their terms of service would therefore be effectively harnessed in furtherance of the national cause,” it added.
The IAF assistant chief, Air Vice Marshal L.K. Malhotra and Pawan Hans general manager (Personnel and Human Resource Development) Srivastava signed the MoU.
The IAF chief, Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major, who was present during the signing ceremony, said: “This MoU is indicative of the IAF’s commitment to growth of aviation in the country, be it civil or military.
“The MoU will not only promote mutual benefits to both the organisations but will prove to be a milestone for Indian aviation as such,” he added.
According to Malhotra, “the MoU will enable IAF pilots to get an opportunity for growth and a longer, fruitful second career up to 65 years of age.
“Pawan Hans would benefit by augmenting its strength of qualified pilots. The inclusive HR policies of IAF would yield positive results for overall growth of aviation in the country,” Malhotra added.
Pawan Hans chairman and managing director R.K. Tyagi said the company was poised for a massive fleet expansion and would also enter new areas of operation such as inter and intra city transportation.
- Two-member team starts probe into chopper crash - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian Air Force enables its pilots to join Pawan Hans - Feb 15, 2008
- Not resuming helicopter service in northeast: Minister - Jun 26, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper services in Meghalaya - Jul 25, 2012
- HPT-32 trainer claimed lives of 23 pilots: IAF chief - Oct 03, 2011
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
- Chopper crashes in Chandigarh airport, pilots injured (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- MiG crashes due to pilots' inexperience: IAF chief - Oct 08, 2011
- Chopper crashes at Chandigarh airport, DGCA to probe (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- ISRO images throw up clues to missing chopper (Third Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sanjoy takes on civil aviation authorities over Tawang chopper crash - Apr 22, 2011
- Capt A.K. Tiwari's family coming to terms with chopper crash death - Apr 22, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in Meghalaya - Jul 26, 2012