IAF chopper crashes, seven injuredNovember 27th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 27 (IANS) An Indian Air Force (IAF) helicopter crashed in Uttar Pradesh Thursday injuring all the seven crew members on board, the police said.”None of the crew members undergoing treatment in the military hospital are in critical condition,” Kanpur district police chief H.R. Sharma told IANS.
The accident occurred at noon when the pilot tried to land the chopper at Kapli village under the Panki police station, he added.
The chopper was on sortie from Gorakhpur to Gwalior, according to police.
The cause of the accident could not be immediately ascertained.
On Wednesday, an Indian Army helicopter had crashed in the Ramganga river in Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district, killing the pilot and seriously injuring the co-pilot.
- Top officer survives IAF Mirage-2000 crash (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Indian Air Force helicopter crashes, one killed - Nov 26, 2008
- Army helicopter crashes into river, pilot killed (Lead) - Nov 26, 2008
- Army chopper crashes in Siachen, pilot killed - May 23, 2012
- Chopper crashes at Siachen, pilot killed (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Two die as chopper crashes on Mexican street - Oct 22, 2011
- Indian Navy chopper crashes Vizag, one dead (Third Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- Two Sukhoi jets, 30 other aircraft searching for missing Arunachal CM - May 01, 2011
- Army pilot killed in chopper crash (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Aerial crashes: many leaders died, others survived - May 09, 2012
- Chopper crashes in Chandigarh airport, pilots injured (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Three IAF personnel die in helicopter crash in Jharkhand - Sep 11, 2010