IAC to recruit volunteers from collegesNovember 1st, 2011 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 1 (IANS) In an attempt to gather more support amongst the young for the Jan Lokpal bill, India Against Corruption (IAC), headed by Anna Hazare, will undertake a drive for volunteers in educational institutions across Uttar Pradesh.
“The main objective behind the entire exercise is to garner more and more support for the Jan Lokpal bill from the young generation in colleges, universities and other educational institutes,” IAC’s Lucknow coordinator Saurabh Upadhyay told reporters here Tuesday.
“Under the drive that would be undertaken in the next few days, we would be making some students as our representatives, who in turn would be entrusted with the task of making the youth aware of the importance, need and benefits of a stronger anti-graft legislation,” he added.
According to Upadhyay, the drive would be launched in a phased manner in various cities of Uttar Pradesh.
“Initially, we would be making the representatives in various colleges of Lucknow. Later, the same exercise would be extended to cities like Meerut, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Allahabad, Meerut and Agra,” he added.
- Team Anna conducts referendum on Jan Lokpal bill - Oct 02, 2011
- Hazare attracts young, old across Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- Groundswell of support for Anna visible in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Lucknow teachers on mass leave to support Hazare - Aug 18, 2011
- Support for Anna swells in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 15, 2011
- Team Anna supporters protest outside MPs' houses - Aug 21, 2011
- In Lucknow, doctors write out anti-graft message - Aug 20, 2011
- Huge support for Jan Lokpal bill in Sonia's constituency - Nov 05, 2011
- Team Anna to commence UP tour Thursday - Feb 01, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh expands industry scheme - Dec 08, 2011
- Work on Rae Bareli AIIMS to begin soon: Azad - Aug 09, 2012
- Lucknow celebrates as Hazare leaves Tihar Jail - Aug 19, 2011
- Meetings to raise public awareness on Lokpal Bill in Delhi - May 22, 2011
- Huge turnout at drive to promote voting in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
- A milestone for girls in a Uttar Pradesh village - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, colleges, corruption, educational institutions, exercise, few days, gorakhpur, India, legislation, lokpal bill, main objective, nov 1, saurabh, universities, upadhyay, uttar pradesh, volunteers, young generation