I will really miss Scott, says CruiseAugust 21st, 2012 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 21 (IANS) Actor Tom Cruise has paid tribute to “Top Gun” director Tony Scott, who committed suicide by jumping off a bridge here.
“Tony was my dear friend and I will really miss him,” contactmusic.com quoted Cruise as saying.
Scott directed Cruise in 1986 “Top Gun” and in 1990 release “Days of Thunder”.
Cruise said his mark on the film industry cannot be measured.
“He was a creative visionary whose mark on film is immeasurable. My deepest sorrow and thoughts are with his family at this time.”
Scott, 68, committed suicide Sunday afternoon. He is survived by his wife, Donna, and two sons.
- 'Top Gun 2' on the cards - Dec 09, 2011
- Tony Scott laid to rest - Aug 26, 2012
- Scott's family sets up scholarship fund - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Top Gun' director jumps to death - Aug 20, 2012
- Bollywood salutes 'pure genius' Tony Scott - Aug 20, 2012
- Tom Cruise To Be Back In Top Gun Sequel! - Jul 01, 2010
- Tom Cruise to do cameo in 'Top Gun 2' - Oct 28, 2010
- Tom Cruise To Be IN Pilot Gear For Top Gun 2 - Oct 16, 2010
- Tom Cruise snubs sequel to 'Top Gun' - Oct 16, 2010
- 'Top Gun' sequel in the works - Oct 15, 2010
- President, PM, other leaders pay tributes to Hazarika - Nov 05, 2011
- Movie bosses say that they don't want to blame Tom Cruise for the flop 'Knight And Day' - Jul 01, 2010
- Roger Moore pays tribute to Tom Mankiewicz - Aug 04, 2010
- Top Gun Sequel In The Making? - Jul 01, 2010
- Tom Cruise to reprise Top Gun maverick role? - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: bridge, committed suicide, days of thunder, dear friend, director tony scott, film industry, gun director, sorrow, sunday afternoon, time scott, tom cruise, top gun, tribute, visionary, wife donna