I was utterly grief-stricken: McElhoneFebruary 8th, 2009 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 8 (IANS) Actress Natascha McElhone has finally opened up over the sudden death of her husband and said she was left “utterly grief-stricken, bereft and devastated”.
Martin Kelly died following a heart attack in his London home in May last year. McElhone gave birth to their third son five months after he died, reports contactmusic.com.
She said: “Everyone’s been saying ‘I don’t know how you can manage on your own, with the baby’ but it’s because of that, in a funny way, it’s been manageable. You can’t hole up and not get out of bed.”
She is determined to get over her grief because she believes she has no right to be sad.
“I’m really OK, through necessity, I think. Do you know, I’m just terribly grateful for everything I have. I don’t think I have any right to feel miserable all the time. I don’t know why, it’s just happened to me that, aside from feeling utterly grief-stricken and bereft and devastated, the chinks and shards of light that shine through are so strong and so buoyant I can’t ignore them. Thank God for that. I don’t know why that is - that they’re so bright that they reach me. Thus far, anyway.”
- Shocked over Shandar Amrohi's death: Biographer Barkha Roy - Aug 22, 2011
- Why get so excited about Hollywood, asks Sharmila Tagore (Interview) - Mar 06, 2011
- Balki, Advani remember Taruni as versatile and disciplined actor - May 17, 2012
- American buries his partner on top of his wife - Oct 18, 2010
- Pranab's sister predicted he will be president - Jul 22, 2012
- Theron's retirement woes - Dec 01, 2011
- I have psychological defect: Brad Pitt - Oct 01, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect's parents shocked at son's involvement - Jan 12, 2011
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
- I never see myself as style icon: Dannii Minogue - Nov 28, 2011
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Cox still feels strongly for Arquette - Mar 16, 2011
- Brand still carries Perry's tattoo - Mar 31, 2012
- Moore taking diving lessons to conquer fear - Jul 30, 2011
- Katie Price loves being single - Nov 03, 2011