I wanted Esha to do something other than acting: HemaNovember 13th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IANS) Working in Bollywood is a demanding job, says Hema Malini adding that this is the reason why she was not very keen on her daughter Esha Deol joining filmdom as an actress.
“It is difficult to survive in the industry. You have to go through so much in this career. You have to be successful, but if your movies don’t work you are sad and then there comes a burden to do much better. You have to keep working harder and harder, emotionally it disturbs a lot,” said Hema.
“In other professions, it is not noticeable. Here you are immediately in the eyes of people that’s why I was not very keen. I wanted her to do something else, something like interior designing, or be a dancer, but she wanted to act and everyone should be given an opportunity. She is indeed a very fine actress,” she added.
Hema re-launched Esha with her directorial venture “Tell Me O Kkhuda” but the film could not put a lasting impression on the audiences.
- Don't want to make any more films: Hema Malini - Aug 24, 2012
- 'Tell Me O Kkhuda' not a flop, says Hema - Nov 01, 2011
- Esha Deol to get engaged to businessman beau - Feb 10, 2012
- I'll not quit dancing: Esha Deol - Aug 11, 2012
- Hema Malini Turns Director To Dharmendra And Esha Deol - Dec 28, 2010
- Ahana is now open to acting: Hema Malini - Jun 23, 2011
- Producer most exploited member of a film unit: Hema - Sep 18, 2011
- I miss classical dance in today's films: Hema Malini (Interview) - Oct 21, 2011
- I worked hard to maintain 'Dreamgirl' tag: Hema Malini - Nov 22, 2011
- 'Tell Me O Kkhuda' - tender, sweet, gentle (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Oct 29, 2011
- My son-in-law is very good looking: Hema Malini - Feb 12, 2012
- A South Indian wedding with Kanjivarams for Esha: Hema - Jun 14, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Salman in Hema Malini's 'Tell Me O Khuda' - Jul 27, 2011