I want to bring alive first super-villain: Vivek OberoiJanuary 19th, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 19 (IANS) Bollywood has seen several superheroes like Krrish and Ra.One, but actor Vivek Oberoi, who will soon be seen playing Kaal, the villain in Rakesh Roshan’s “Krrish 2″, hopes to give the industry a “super-villain”.
“When they called me and made me read the script, I read the role and was blown off. I want to play it right and it is all the hard work and effort that is paying off. I wanted to bring to life India’s first super-villain, it was good fun,” the 35-year-old actor said here at launch of singer Rajnigandha Shekhawat’s album of folk songs.
Perhaps Vivek forgot that Arjun Rampal was recently seen as a super-villain in “RA.One”. Nevertheless, he is working hard and trying to do justice to his role in “Krrish 2″, the sequel to 2006 superhero film “Krrish”.
Vivek is also very happy with the positive energy on the sets of the movie and says he is lucky to be working with senior Roshan, as well as his son Hrithik, who keeps boosting his confidence.
“When you get that kind of encouragement from your co-star, from somebody who is doing so well , it’s a great atmosphere on the set. There is no insecurity, no negativity. It’s a great set to be on,” said Vivek, who was recently ousted from “Shootout at Wadala”.
After a lull in his career, 2012 looks promising for Vivek, who is also working in “Kismet, Love, Paisa Dilli” opppsite Mallika Sherawat and “Zilla Ghaziabad”.
- Vivek Oberoi's best 2011 moment, a role in 'Krrish 2' - Jan 02, 2012
- Shekhar Kapur praises VFX in SRK's 'Ra.One' trailer - Mar 25, 2011
- Emraan's up in the air act!(Movie Snippets) - Dec 01, 2011
- SRK takes cue from Alfred Hitchcock for 'RA.One' - Jun 02, 2011
- Hrithik turns 38, B-town says 'Happy Birthday' - Jan 10, 2012
- Hrithik getting in shape for 'Krrish 2' - Jan 11, 2012
- 'RA.One' gets National Award for best special effects - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Ra.One' raises the bar for Hindi films (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Oct 26, 2011
- Hrithik cracks overseas market - Aug 06, 2011
- Riteish upset about Ra.One ouster - Apr 23, 2010
- Leaked 'RA.One' music album upsets SRK - Sep 11, 2011
- Bollywood packs its best punch with raw action - Jun 28, 2012
- 'RA.One' will change the genre of films: SRK - Mar 26, 2011
- 'RA.One' might have some parts in 3D: SRK - Jun 01, 2011
- 'Hum Tum Shabana' team heads to Ajmer Sharif (Movie Snippets) - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: arjun rampal, co star, folk songs, ghaziabad, good fun, hrithik, insecurity, krrish 2, launch, lull, mallika sherawat, negativity, oberoi mumbai, positive energy, rajnigandha, rakesh roshan, shekhawat, super villain, vivek oberoi, zilla