I love female attention: Shahid KapoorOctober 3rd, 2011 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 3 (IANS) Single and eligible - Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor says he loves attention and adulation from his female fans.
“I feel very happy and glad about it. I like it (female attention), it’s nice,” Shahid told IANS.
The 30-year-old, who was earlier dating Kareena Kapoor and was rumoured to be in a relationship with Priyanka Chopra, admits he wasn’t always comfortable with compliments from the fairer sex.
“Initially I used to not know how to deal with it. I used to get flustered and didn’t know how to react to it. But now, I like it. It feels good.
“I have learnt to accept the fact that this is what I wanted and it is good to know that people like you and they love you. It is wonderful to feel so. So yes, I like it, I love it,” said Shahid, flashing his dimpled smile.
The dashing actor, whose work in his father Pankaj Kapoor’s directorial debut “Mausam” won him many praises, loved working in the romantic saga.
But asked about romance in his life, he replied: “I have no idea about my love story. I think love is the most unpredictable thing and it happens when you least expect it, and the way it turns out to be, you never thought it would.
“That’s the beauty of romance… you never know how it’s going to be, you can’t predict it. But when it happens, I guess I’ll know! Till then, even I am guessing how my love story would be,” he said.
Shahid’s next project is Kunal Kohli’s “Teri Meri Kahaani”, co-starring Priyanka, with whom he shared a crackling chemistry in Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Kaminey”.
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- Shahid plays three characters in Kunal Kohli's film - Aug 24, 2011
- Shahid-Priyanka chemistry in 'Teri Meri...' better than 'Kaminey' - Apr 12, 2012
- Great time for actresses in Indian cinema: Priyanka Chopra - Jun 09, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- Old vs new -- 'Teri Meri Kahaani' set designer in time warp - Jun 01, 2012
- I am unemployed: Shahid Kapoor - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Teri Meri Kahaani': Uninteresting story, flat jokes (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- Kunal Kohli apes late Vijay Anand's style in 'Uff' - Jun 06, 2012
- For Pooja Bhatt, 'Jism 2' director-proof script (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2012
- Shahid in love with his character Javed (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Bollywood goes back and forth in time (Feature) - May 05, 2012
- 'Mausam' is not a story of rebirth: Pankaj Kapoor - Sep 09, 2011
- Despite shoe bites, Shahid shoots 'Teri Meri Kahaani' (With Image) - May 22, 2012
- Kohli hooked on to love stories, prefers creating romantic sagas - May 27, 2012
Tags: adulation, bollywood actor, compliments, crackling, dimpled smile, directorial debut, fairer sex, female attention, female fans, kareena kapoor, kunal kohli, love story, New Delhi, pankaj kapoor, praises, priyanka chopra, saga, shahid kapoor, teri meri, vishal bharadwaj