I know what the youth wants: Bappi LahiriDecember 21st, 2011 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 21 (IANS) Music director Bappi Lahiri has scored several chartbusters in his almost four decade-long Bollywood career. Be it “I am a disco dancer”, “Boombai Nagariya” or the latest “Ooh la la”, the singer says his songs do well because he has always had his hands on the pulse of the youths.
“I always study the young generation a lot and my songs are never old,” said Lahiri.
“If you listen to Madan Mohanji, Naushadji or Laxmikant-Pyarelal, they are legends. Only R.D Burman’s songs are still played and my songs, be it ‘Raat baaki’, ‘Pag ghungroo’, ‘Disco dancer’, which was used in ‘Golmaal 3′, become superhits. I know the pulse of the public,” added the 59-year-old on the sidelines of a song recording in Mumbai.
Meanwhile, he is busy basking in the success of “Ooh la la”, picturised on the sizzling Vidya Balan and actor Naseeruddin Shah in the film “The Dirty Picture”.
Lahiri is known for his music in films like “Disco Dancer”, “Namak Halal”, “Sharaabi” and “Aitbaar”.
- Bappi Lahiri to judge DJ hunt - Sep 19, 2012
- Bappi Lahiri to make acting debut on TV - Feb 02, 2011
- Bappi, Shekhar's 'Ooh la la' moment - Mar 13, 2012
- Youthful songs, fresh compositions ruled the charts (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 20, 2011
- Aruna Irani, Pyarelal to get lifetime achievement award - Jan 21, 2012
- Sanjay's tribute to Big B with 'Thodi si jo pi li hai' - Apr 21, 2012
- Simpleton to sexy siren: Vidya Balan goes ooh la la! - Aug 31, 2011
- Sonu Nigam, Pyarelal recreate 1960s magic - Sep 23, 2011
- Boman Irani to join son in 'Student of The Year'? (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- I am incomplete without Rafi: Shammi Kapoor - Aug 01, 2010
- Karan Johar signs Marathi composers for 'Agneepath' remake - Jan 18, 2011
- Bappi-da's song 'You are my chicken fry' in 'Ragini MMS' - May 03, 2011
- Not too much to take musically from 'Ragini MMS' (IANS Music Review) - May 03, 2011
- TV stars dazzle at Zee Rishtey Awards - Nov 27, 2011
- The real 'Anthony Gonsalves' no more - Jan 19, 2012