I hope to play again at the Eden: DravidApril 14th, 2012 - 2:21 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 14 (IANS) Rajasthan Royals captain Rahul Dravid who has played several superlative knocks at the Eden Gardens Friday expressed a desire of turning out again at the hallowed stadium.
“I have very fond memories of the ground. Eden Gardens has been a fantastic ground for me. I hope this is not my last game here and wish to come back here to play again,” said Dravid who played in his first match at the ground Friday after quitting international cricket in March.
Dravid scored 28 against Kolkata Knight Riders at the Eden Friday.
“It has been a great ground for me where I scored my first and last first class century. My first first class hundred came here probably in 1991,” said Dravid reminiscing his great innings at the ground.
Dravid scored his last international hundred — 119 — in a Test match against the West Indies at the Eden Gardens last November.
He also recalled his knock of 180 against Australia in 2001 as close not only to his heart but also of the team as well.
Dravid and V V S Laxman (281) had stitched a heroic partnership as India registered a fairy tale comeback to defeat formidable Australia after conceding the follow-on in the epic Test match.
“I simply love this ground. I love to see my picture on the walls here. I enjoy coming back here,” said Dravid.
He, however, refused to comment on if this was his last IPL season.
- Laxman always found Eden 'very very special' - Aug 18, 2012
- Laxman, India's crisis man (Profile) - Aug 18, 2012
- Laxman's tryst with 'very very special' Eden still going strong - Nov 15, 2011
- Budding cricketers have lot to learn from Dravid: Ganguly - Mar 09, 2012
- Laxman credits Upton after scoring hundred in easy situation - Nov 15, 2011
- Vengsarkar, Shiny Wilson presented lifetime achievement awards - Apr 27, 2012
- Former team mates hail Dravid 'The Wall' (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- History beckons Sachin at Eden - Nov 12, 2011
- Duncan's suggestions have helped: Dravid - Nov 14, 2011
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- No complaint on Eden pitch: Rajeev Shukla - Apr 15, 2012
- Aged Royals and Knights battle it out at Eden Gardens (Preview) - Apr 12, 2012
- BCCI, cricketers concerned over low turnout - Nov 15, 2011
- Dravid happy to complete unfinished job at Lord's - Jul 24, 2011
- Getting big first innings score will be key: Laxman - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: april 14, australia, desire, eden gardens, fairy tale, first class, fond memories, India, international cricket, knight riders, kolkata, last game, last november, partnership, rahul dravid, rajasthan, royals, test match, v v s laxman, west indies