I got worried about family, says Shah Rukh after attack on Mannat (Lead)February 13th, 2009 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 13 (IANS) Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan said Friday he was worried for the safety of his wife and two children after his house Mannat was attacked by unknown people who had apparently misinterpreted the lyrics of a song in just-released “Billu” and reacted.
“I got scared. I got worried about my children and wife, but they are fine. I don’t think there is any place safer than my home. I’m in London for a check up. I will be back home the day after tomorrow,” Shah Rukh told a TV channel over phone from London.
Clarifying the confusion about the lyrics, the actor said: “They thought we are referring to the Prophet in the song. But it has been sorted out. They have seen the film and now its clear to them that the lyrics weren’t referring to the Prophet.”
A burning kerosene bottle had been thrown in the premises of his sea facing house Mannat early in the morning.
According to an officer of Bandra Police station, two men came to Shah Rukh’s bungalow, at Bandra Bandstand around 2.30 a.m. They lit a bottle full of kerosene and flung it over the gates before fleeing. The security guards were caught unawares, the police said.
The police said a case was registered and they are searching for the culprits.
There was no damage to property as the flaming missile landed in the garden.
- Sanjay, Karan - all at SRK's Eid bash - Sep 01, 2011
- Miscreants throw burning bottle inside Shah Rukh's bungalow - Feb 13, 2009
- Bandra Bandstand to house Bollywood Walk of Fame - Nov 25, 2011
- We'll win the final also: Shah Rukh Khan - Mar 31, 2011
- When Shah Rukh, Hrithik bonded over 'Guzaarish' - Nov 22, 2010
- SRK in Berlin, but Sena attacks him for being in London - Nov 26, 2010
- Bollywood formula: Controversy plus buzz equals publicity (Feature) - Aug 20, 2011
- Karan Johar to catch World Cup final at home - Apr 02, 2011
- SRK ashamed of Wankhede brawl, says he's no role model - May 30, 2012
- SRK, Shirish patch up, courtesy Sajid, Gauri (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Tight security as Shah Rukh Khan returns home - Feb 06, 2010
- SRK back to TV - shoots for fiction show in Mannat (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Abhishek's Al Pacino look! (Movie Snippets) - Nov 29, 2011
- Deepika, Priyadarshan bury the hatchet - Jan 12, 2012
- Shah Rukh Touched With Hrithik's Performance In Guzaarish - Nov 23, 2010