I don’t believe in crash diets: Zarine KhanSeptember 29th, 2011 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Actress Zarine Khan, who once weighed 100 kg, shed her weight to make a mark in the entertainment industry but the “Character Dheela” girl doesn’t believe in crash diets and prefers balanced eating habits.
“I am blessed with very beautiful parents. Thanks to them that genetically I have got such a clear and nourished skin,” said the one-film-old actress who was here Thursday to launch the VLCC Daily Protect Anti-Pollution range.
“But no doubt pollution and excessive exposure to heat and make-up affect the skin and makes it dull. So, it is important to take care of it - like body treatments, even skin care is important.
“I always endorse balanced diet. I don’t believe in crash diets. One should eat healthy and in the right proportion,” she added.
VLCC Daily Protect Anti Pollution range offers - lotion SPF15 and face wash to counter the damaging effects of pollution.
“It’s been in our minds for very long time and keeping the pollution in today’s world, this is the best time to bring a range that would nurture your skin and give flawless beauty. It is a complete treatment to the skin,” said Vandana Luthra, founder of VLCC.
“The launch of skincare portfolio is an important milestone for us as it marks our foray into a segment that will give us the opportunity to serve an entirely new set of consumers and markets,” she added.
The products are priced at Rs.10 for the multi-use sachet, Rs.49 for the facewash and Rs.79 for 100 ml anti-pollution lotion.
- Protect skin with sunscreen, but use lightly - May 20, 2012
- Before V-Day, it's salon visit for women - Feb 13, 2012
- Gisele Bundchen slammed for describing sun lotion as 'poison' - Feb 04, 2011
- Bundchen's 'poison' sunscreen comment was a 'translation error': Rep - Feb 09, 2011
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Now, collagen meals to help banish those unwanted wrinkles - Feb 11, 2011
- Beat the summer - sleep well, eat well for glowing skin - Apr 18, 2012
- Open to item numbers, says Zarine Khan - Sep 29, 2011
- No time for films, says Shilpa (With Images) - Sep 11, 2012
- In winter, eat right to good skin - Nov 30, 2010
- Designer Abhishek Dutta spreads message of 'No Pollution' - Aug 06, 2012
- Go for fusion massage at VLCC Skin and Hair Spa (IANS Spa Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- Paris Hilton to soon launch her own skin care collection - Apr 25, 2011
- Serena Williams turns entrepreneur - Jan 23, 2009
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: actress, balanced diet, best time, crash diets, eating habits, effects of pollution, entertainment industry, excessive exposure, face wash, facewash, flawless beauty, foray, launch, milestone, New Delhi, no doubt, skin care, spf15, vlcc, zarine khan