I could write a book about the summer: WengerSeptember 10th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 10 (IANS) Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said he could write a book about the turbulent months which left him facing the greatest crisis during his 15-year-old stint at the English Premier League club.
Wenger admitted that selling Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, losing Jack Wilshere to injury for three months and the 8-2 thrashing at Manchester United had taken a toll.
“In my job you expect to suffer. So, that’s why, when I go to hell one day, it will be less painful for me than for you, because I’m used to suffering. I could write a book about the summer, I think it would be quite interesting,” Wenger was quoted as saying by The Mirror.
“Not because of me but because of all that happened. It was quite unbelievable. And you would see that it was not as easy as it can look from the outside,” he said.
The Arsenal manager admitted that it was the most disturbed pre-season the club had since his arrival.
“We lost two big players, then had the problem of the injuries as well. And then we had the fact that we could only complete the transfers very late. It’s very unlike Arsenal to do their business so late. But it explains why we are where we are at the moment. But it’s like we are starting now and we have to win the Swansea game first,” he said.
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Barca coach Guardiola admits defeat in luring Gunners skipper Fabregas - Feb 22, 2011
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- Nasri is the new Thierry Henry: Wenger - Dec 08, 2010
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Arsenal stars have spirit of genuine champions: Wenger - Apr 05, 2010
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Fabregas' hamstring is in head: Wenger - Dec 27, 2010
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Wilshere to miss Euro 2012 - Apr 17, 2012
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- Lifting players' spirit ahead of clash with Barca difficult: Wenger - Mar 29, 2010
- Arsenal told me I had to stay: Fabregas - Sep 05, 2010