I am upset, disappointed: Zakia JafriSeptember 12th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Sep 12 (IANS) Zakia Jafri, wife of former MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the Gulberg Society carnage during the 2002 riots, Monday said that she was “upset and disappointed” over the Supreme Court’s decision asking a trial court to hear the case.
Speaking to reporters in Surat, Zakia Jafri said: “I am upset and disappointed with the Supreme Court’s decision. I’m not saying that I don’t believe in Supreme Court, but there is a possibility that they missed out on something.”
“If the Supreme Court could not do anything, what can I expect from the lower court.”
Her petition alleged deliberate inaction on part of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues and some high-ranking state officials.
“I have been waiting for justice for over nine years. I have no faith in the lower courts,” she said.
In the 2002 incident, 37 people, including the former Congress MP Jafri, were killed. The rampaging mob targeted members of Muslim community in the Ahmedabad neighbourhood and set it afire.
Zakia Jafri has blamed 63 people for inaction.
- No clean chit to Modi: Congress - Sep 12, 2011
- Gulberg Society case: Apex court verdict Monday - Sep 11, 2011
- Apex court decision victory for Modi: BJP (Lead) - Sep 12, 2011
- Court verdict a vindication, says BJP; Congress says no clean chit to Modi (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2011
- How Zakia Jafri's complaint reached apex court - Sep 12, 2011
- Gujarat government expresses happiness over apex court order - Sep 12, 2011
- Verdict victory for Modi, claims BJP - Sep 12, 2011
- Narendra Modi to sit on fast - Sep 13, 2011
- Trial judge to decide Zakia Jafri's plea: Apex court - Sep 12, 2011
- Verdict a huge step forward: Setalvad - Sep 12, 2011
- It's official: Modi gets clean chit in Gulberg massacre - Apr 10, 2012
- God is great, tweets Modi after Supreme Court verdict - Sep 12, 2011
- Modi gets clean chit in Gulberg massacre (Roundup) - Apr 10, 2012
- Amicus curiae report on Gulberg points at Modi, Congress attacks BJP (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Timeline of Zakia Jafri's case - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, cabinet colleagues, carnage, chief minister, congress, ehsan jafri, faith, gujarat, inaction, mob, mp, muslim community, narendra, neighbourhood, nine years, petition, riots, state officials, supreme court, trial court