I am off insulin post-surgery, says GadkariMarch 2nd, 2012 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari’s weight reduction surgery last year has taken the politician off insulin for diabetes.
Talking to reporters at the Indian Women Press Corps Friday, the BJP president said he has lost more than 20 kg after his surgery last year.
“I am off insulin after the surgery and only taking pills,” he said.
Gadkari went for a bariatric surgery in September last year under supervision of Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala.
The surgery reduces the size of the intestine.
- Gadkari undergoes gastric surgery - Sep 14, 2011
- Gadkari recovers after diabetes, weight loss surgery - Sep 15, 2011
- 'Lifestyle deepens diabetes problem in India, China' - Jul 05, 2012
- Experts stress 5 musts before weight loss surgery - Jul 10, 2012
- Bariatric surgery bringing hope for diabetics (Nov 14 is World Diabetes Day) - Nov 13, 2011
- Indian doctors give 250 kg Tanzanian new lease of life - May 06, 2011
- Bariatric surgery can 'safely' cut health risk in severely obese - Mar 15, 2011
- Bariatric surgery cuts long-term cardiovascular risk in diabetics - Mar 31, 2011
- 135-kg Afghan girl of 13 has weight loss surgery in India - Jan 22, 2012
- Weight-loss surgery successfully treats overweight teens - Mar 05, 2011
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- Surgery can help obese teens lose weight, shows study - Mar 07, 2011
- Weight loss from surgery cuts risk for cardiovascular disease in women - Sep 17, 2010
- BJP amends constitution to extend Gadkari's term - May 24, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari, BJP says charges baseless (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012