I am not supposed to please everyone: Veena MalikFebruary 27th, 2012 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 27 (IANS) Pakistani actress Veena Malik, who has been in the news for all the wrong reasons, says she is not bothered about what people think of her as she is not here to please everyone.
“Pakistan is my country and there are so many people out there who follow me. There are young boys and girls who look up to me, follow me, love me. But yes, it is not necessary that every single person should love me and I am not supposed to please everybody,” the controversial actress said here at her birthday celebration.
Veena was recently in the news for her supposedly nude photo-shoot and then for her sudden disappearance from a film set. Her dare bare act didn’t go down well with her countrymen, but she is unperturbed.
“…Every country, including our country, has different kinds of people. There are people like me, but that does not mean that entire Pakistan is like Veena Malik. There are people like us who follow us, but definitely we do not represent the entire country,” said Veena who turned item girl with “Channo” in “Gali Gali Chor Hai”.
She got bolder for another item number “Fann ban gayi” in “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya”.
Veena, who is gearing up for her full-fledged role in a Hindi movie, is currently shooting for “Mumbai 125 KM”, “Zindagi 50-50″ and “Dal Mein Kuch Kala Hai”.
- Veena says lead actresses should do item songs - Jun 08, 2012
- First men should learn to compliment women: Sophie (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
- Item songs have become first look of films: Sunidhi - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Gali Gali...' to release Feb 3, 2012 - Dec 23, 2011
- Veena hunts for man like Big B - Apr 09, 2012
- Go vegetarian, urges Veena Malik - Oct 06, 2011
- Small, simple tales for moviegoers this week - Jan 30, 2012
- Sonam mum on film with Dhanush (Movie Snippets) - Mar 24, 2012
- Mugdha, Shriya prove actresses can work harmoniously - Jan 11, 2012
- I have a split personality: Veena Malik (Movie Snippets) - Jul 02, 2012
- Miffed Veena Malik swears to tell all before next break - Dec 20, 2011
- Why have I been such an idiot, wonders Annu Kapoor (With Images) - Jan 24, 2012
- 'Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya' entertaining, earnest and enjoyable (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 24, 2012
- Veena Malik plays sex worker - Oct 21, 2011
- Veena Malik dons salsa shoes for new ad - May 30, 2012
Tags: birthday celebration, boys and girls, channo, chor, countrymen, different kinds, gaya, hindi movie, mumbai, nude photo shoot, pakistan, pakistani actress, sudden disappearance, veena malik, young boys