I also face red tape: Nitish KumarMarch 17th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 17 (IANS) Bureaucratic red tape bothers not just the common person but also Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who believes it is a big impediment to the state’s development.
The chief minister said candidly that it was the first thing that struck him in the morning and the last at night.
“I am also facing the problem of red tapism in Bihar. Red tapism is a big hurdle for the development of Bihar,” Nitish Kumar said at an official function here.
“When I go to bed at night to sleep, I think about it. It is the first and last thing that strikes me… that some work has not been done due to red tapism.”
Nitish Kumar said bureaucratic delays were slowing down Bihar’s development. “I plan or think something with a timeframe in mind, but something else happens.”
- Bihar government officials to be fined for tardy work - Jul 28, 2011
- Nitish Kumar's move to curb corruption, red-tapism lauded - Dec 01, 2010
- Decks cleared for Right to Service bill in Bihar - Mar 09, 2011
- Bihar assembly passes bill for time-bound government services - Mar 28, 2011
- Bihar first state to make officials' assets public (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Nitish welcomes Hazare's decision - Aug 03, 2012
- 'Nitish is about governance, Lalu about realpolitik' - Dec 07, 2011
- Nitish backs Mayawati plan to split Uttar Pradesh - Nov 16, 2011
- No scope to divide Bihar further, says Nitish - Nov 21, 2011
- Bihar scripting growth story: Chetan Bhagat - Feb 22, 2011
- Lalu to march to Bihar's villages 'to expose' Nitish - May 14, 2012
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- President to launch Bihar agriculture map - Jul 26, 2012
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- Stick to Gujarat please, Nitish tells Modi - Jun 11, 2012