Hyundai rolls out new compact car i20December 29th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) Auto major Hyundai Motors India Monday here launched its new hatchback ‘i20′ in the premium compact segment.The car is Hyundai’s second venture in the premium compact segment, which the company managing director Heung Soo Lheem has described as the “high growth segment” for the coming years.
“We believe that the high-end compact segment will grow much more rapidly as compared to other segments in the coming years,” he said.
i20 is the successor of i10 in the compact segment, and runs on the same 1.2 litre Kappa engine.
The car, which will be available in three variants, is priced between Rs.479,900 and Rs.581,900, and will be manufactured in the automaker’s plant in Chennai for domestic consumption as well as exports to Europe, Lheem said.
- Hyundai says sales down, urges government to do more (Lead) - Dec 29, 2008
- Maruti Suzuki unveils multi-purpose vehicle Ertiga - Jan 06, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost sales - Sep 04, 2012
- Hyundai to launch i20 this year - Jul 15, 2008
- Renault enters compact car segment with Pulse launch - Jan 06, 2012
- General Motors to launch small car Sail in Q3 - Mar 26, 2012
- Renault raises compact car Pulse price - Feb 23, 2012
- Hyundai launches all new i10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Chinese car multimedia maker CASKA to set up R&D; centre in India - Apr 19, 2012