Hyundai Motor workers protest after fire in plantSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 2 (IANS) A group of workers of car manufacturer Hyundai Motor India Limited held demonstrations here Tuesday, protesting working condition at the plant which caught fire Sunday.The workers, protesting at the State Guest House, alleged that the company was employing inexperienced people who worked without proper safety gear.
They also alleged that proper medical facility - first-aid at the plant and at the city hospital - was not made available to the workers who were injured in the fire.
On Sunday evening, a fire in the paint shop of the car plant injured eight workers.
- One killed in fire at Maruti car plant - Jul 19, 2012
- South Korea's auto production plunges - Sep 09, 2012
- Hyundai workers gear up for negotiated settlement - Jan 28, 2012
- Tamil Nadu worker killed in Libya, another injured - Feb 22, 2011
- Hyundai Motor India strike enters second day - Jun 08, 2010
- 237 lives lost in cracker unit accidents in Sivakasi - Sep 05, 2012
- Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Feb 08, 2011
- Sacked Hundai workers detained, hunger-strike foiled - Nov 30, 2011
- Hyundai to invest $130 mn in new plant in Mexico - Aug 30, 2012
- Maruti restarts Manesar plant with 400 workers (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- SIT to probe Maruti's fresh violence - Jul 19, 2012
- Strike halts Hyundai production at Tamil Nadu plant - Jun 08, 2010