Hyosung superbikes launched in IndiaApril 20th, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) South Korean two-wheeler manufacturer S&T; Motors Corporation, in collaboration with Pune-based Garware Motors, Wednesday launched its Hyosung brands of 650-700 cc superbikes India at a price range of Rs.4,75,000 to Rs.5,69,000 (ex-showroom-Delhi).
“We have analysed the market very closely and we foresee a great potential for the superbike segment in India,” said S&T; Motors’ president Taekwon Kim said.
The superbikes on offer include GT650 R and ST 7. The GT650 R is a 650cc sports bike which is priced at Rs.4,75,000 for single tone colour and Rs.4,90,000 (ex-showroom-Delhi) for dual tone colour.
The ST 7 model is a 700cc cruiser bike priced at Rs.5,69,000 (ex-showroom-Delhi).
“It gives us immense pleasure to be the first Indian company to launch superbikes in the 650-700 cc segments. We see significant potential for these bikes in India,”
said Diya Garware, managing director of Garware Motors.
The Pune-based company further said that it will start bookings for the bikes from April 20, while the deliveries will commence mid June.
Initially, the bikes would be available only in Pune, Mumbai, National Capital Region, Bangalore and Goa. The company plans to open five more dealerships in Hyderabad, Cochin, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Chandigarh within the next 2 months.
According to Garware, the company plans to offer the entire range of S&T; Motors’ superbikes.
The superbikes would be assembled at the Garware Motors’ assembly plant at Wai, Maharashtra which was operationalised with an investment of Rs.20 crore.
The plant has a capacity to manufacture 8-10 bikes a day.
- DSK launches new Hyosung superbike (With image) - Jun 13, 2012
- Garware Motors hopes to sell 2,000 super bikes - Feb 08, 2011
- Bajaj Auto launches sports bike KTM Duke 200 - Jan 24, 2012
- Suzuki launches 805cc cruiser bike - Nov 28, 2011
- TVS Motor launches upgraded TVS Star City model - Jan 24, 2012
- Suzuki unveils new bike, scooter - Jan 05, 2012
- Honda launches new super-bike VFR1200F - Jul 30, 2010
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp launches new motorcycle Impulse - Oct 17, 2011
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Hero Honda launches new variant of Super Splendor - Sep 02, 2010
- Now, Harley Davidson bikes in India at slashed prices - Jan 05, 2012
- Mahindra to hike XUV500 models' price from next month - Dec 28, 2011
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- Mahindra receives more than 5,000 bookings for XUV5OO - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, assembly plant, bangalore, bikes, chandigarh, cochin, cruiser bike, deliveries, dual tone, garware, goa, great potential, immense pleasure, maharashtra, managing director, New Delhi, south korean, taekwon, tone colour, two wheeler