Hyderabad to host aviation conference next monthFebruary 8th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 8 (IANS) The seventh Routes Asia 2009, a premier event for the airlines and airports, will be held here March 29-31.
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL) is hosting the event aimed at sustaining and developing air services.
At Routes Asia, airports and airlines meet and do business, focusing especially on the Asia Pacific market.
New air services can be discussed, but in these difficult times, “route recovery” strategies are expected to be high on the agenda, said a statement from GHIAL.
“Despite the current meltdown, the continuing growth of air transport in the Asia Pacific region provides Routes Asia 2009 an opportunity to offer a unique platform for airlines and airports to discuss new route opportunities within a structured, pre-arranged meetings format,” said A. Viswanath, chief commercial officer of GHIAL.
So far, 33 airlines, 52 airport delegates and four tourism agencies from overseas have registered for the event.
There will be a free route development conference and a CEO Forum on the opening day. The event is expected to attract over 400 aviation industry experts to Hyderabad.
Amongst the participants who have already registered are delegates from Melbourne Airport, Shanghai Airport and Gold Coast Airport, tourism authorities such as Tourism New Zealand and airlines such as Air Asia, AirAsia X, Cathay Pacific, Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines.
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- No growth in passenger traffic at Hyderabad airport - Aug 23, 2012
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Hyderabad international airport bags award - Feb 29, 2012
- Hyderabad airport aiming to become a cargo hub - Apr 12, 2012
- Hyderabad airport gets greenhouse certification - Apr 02, 2012
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
- Malaysia's AirAsia wins TTG best Asian low-cost carrier award - Oct 12, 2010
- Air India pays part of dues, gets accounts defreezed - Dec 08, 2011
- Cathay Pacific accused of racism after refusing job to Muslim worker - Feb 20, 2011
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- Hyderabad airport signs MoU with Jet for fleet maintenance - Jan 22, 2010