Hyderabad court summons Tamil Nadu governor in land caseJune 18th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 18 (IANS) In a setback to Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah, a city court Monday issued summons to him in a case relating to de-notification of a government land when he was chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Rosaiah has been directed to appear before Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) court Aug 2.
Rosaiah’s government on July 15, 2010 had issued an order de-notifying 9.14 acres of prime land at Ameerpet in Hyderabad in favour of some private parties for building a commercial complex.
The chief minister from Sep 3, 2009 to Nov 24, 2010, Rosiah was appointed governor of Tamil Nadu in August 2011.
Rosaiah is among the 13 accused in the case, which was filed by Mohan Lal,an advocate. The petitioner alleged that the action of the chief minister in de-notifying the land belonging to the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) in favour of some private parties caused a loss of Rs. 200 crore to the state exchequer.
On the direction of the court, the ACB, after a preliminary investigation, submitted the report in March 2011. The report sought to give a clean chit to Rosaiah on the ground that there is no evidence against him. It also requested the court to close the case.
While rejecting the report, the court examined the witnesses including three senior Indian Administrative Service officers — C.V.S.K. Sarma, who was the then principal secretary to the chief minister, T.S. Appa Rao, then principal secretary, municipal administration and urban development department and B. P.Acharya, then commissioner of HMDA and recorded their statements.
Sarma identified the then chief minister’s signature on the file concerned.
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Land scam probe against another Karnataka minister - Nov 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa faces police probe in one more case - Nov 27, 2011
- Kumaraswamy demands CM Yeddyurappa's resignation over land scam - Nov 17, 2010
- Karnataka CM Yeddyurappa defends himself on land scam issue - Nov 18, 2010
- Now, Yeddyurappa takes Karnataka battle to Delhi - Jan 23, 2011
- Rosaiah sworn in as Tamil Nadu governor - Aug 31, 2011
- Karnataka Governor behaving like a federal government agent: Yeddyurappa - Jan 23, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- Land Scam: Karnataka High Court issues notice to Yeddyurappa - Dec 07, 2010
- Land grab probe against one more Karnataka minister - Oct 24, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to meet BJP top brass over land scam issue tomorrow - Nov 19, 2010
- Karnataka: A long legal battle ahead, and the options - Jan 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa charge sheeted in land case - May 21, 2012
- Karnataka home minister faces probe over land order - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: acb, appa, chief minister, clean chit, commercial complex, corruption bureau, court summons, government land, hmda, indian administrative service, metropolitan development, mohan lal, municipal administration, preliminary investigation, prime land, principal secretary, rs 200, sarma, state exchequer, urban development department