Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead)May 25th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Immadi Prudhvi Tej, a resident of Hyderabad, has topped the joint entrance examination (JEE) of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) whose results were declared Wednesday.
The second rank was held by Shubham Mehta of IIT-Bombay zone.
The results were declared at 8 a.m. and were on the JEE website. Sanjay Dhande, director of IIT-Kanpur, which organised the exams this year, said 13,602 students have passed the IIT-JEE 2011.
For the first time, students will get to see scanned answer sheets online from June 4.
Over 4.85 lakh students appeared for 9,600 seats in 15 IITs, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, in the exam which was held April 10 at 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country, an official statement said.
Among the girls, this year 1,491 qualified the exam out of a total of 108,647.
Counselling for all successful candidates will be held online and admissions will be held in two rounds. While the first list will be published on IIT-Kanpur website June 21 the second list will be issued July 6.
The number of students who appeared in the JEE this year was 30,000 more than last year, a rise of 6.5 percent.
Model solutions of the paper were put up May 15 and IITs have acknowledged errors adding up to 36 marks, for which full marks will be granted to all students who attempted the questions.
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- 4.85 lakh students appear for IIT entrance exam - Apr 10, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- IIT JEE results declared - May 25, 2011
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Second Lead, correcting spelling) - Jun 28, 2012
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE test - May 26, 2010
- Hyderabad steals the show in IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- IIT-JEE results out, Faridabad boy tops - May 18, 2012
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
Tags: answer sheets, banaras hindu university, counselling, entrance examination, iit bombay, indian institutes of technology, indian school of mines, institute of technology, institutes of technology, ism dhanbad, june 21, kanpur, mehta, model solutions, New Delhi, sanjay, school of mines, shubham, time students, year 1