Hyderabad boy dies after corporal punishment, teacher bookedSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 14 (IANS) A teacher of a private school here has been booked after her alleged corporal punishment led to the death of a 15-year-old student.
Police registered a case against Mobina, a teacher of Royal Embassy High School in Madannapet area of the old city of Hyderabad, for allegedly causing the death of Mohammed Ismail Hussain, a class 10 student, an official said here Friday.
However, no arrest has been made so far. Police said the teacher was booked under section 304-A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
A police officer said the case was being investigated.
The boy, a resident of Chandrayangutta neighbourhood, died Thursday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
The student died nine days after the teacher made her do more than 300 sit-ups for allegedly quarrelling with a classmate.
The boy had developed high fever and allegedly died of brain haemorrhage.
His family members said he was taken to four hospitals for treatment since Sep 4 when he was punished by the teacher.
Police said they were waiting for the autopsy report to reach to any conclusion on the cause of the death.
Angry over the boy’s death, his relatives went on a rampage and ransacked the school. They demanded action against the teacher.
The boy’s family members alleged that the teacher made her do the sit-ups in all the classes on three floors and this caused humiliation and mental agony.
- 12 Andhra students hospitalized after corporal punishment - Apr 03, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistani schoolboy dies after punishment - Sep 20, 2011
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Don Bosco warden arrested in Bengal on charges of sodomy - Jul 16, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Haryana on child's death - Feb 29, 2012
- Tearful farewell to murdered teacher - Feb 10, 2012
- Pakistani teacher blackens faces of girl students - Oct 30, 2011
- More from Bengal schools: Two girls asked to disrobe - Jul 14, 2012