Hussey to miss England tourJune 10th, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, June 10 (IANS) Michael Hussey has opted out of Australia’s upcoming tour of Ireland and England due to the birth of his fourth child. Peter Forrest has been named his replacement.
“Due to the premature birth of Mike Hussey’s fourth child, Cricket Australia (CA) supports Mike’s request to remove himself from this tour for family reasons,” said CA executive general manager of team performance, Pat Howard.
Hussey said: “Due to our baby being born three months early, it is important for the family for me to be here at this time. It is always difficult to miss any tour for Australia and I thank CA for their understanding of our family’s situation.”
The team leaves for the tour Thursday. Australia are scheduled to play a one-off One-day International (ODI) in Belfast, Ireland June 23 before moving to England for the five-match ODI series starting June 29.
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz out of Australia's World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Forrest, Hussey guide Australia to 288/5 (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Australia outplay India at the Gabba (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
- Hussey, Forrest steer Australia to 269/8 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Australia to rest Mike Hussey against India - Feb 11, 2012
- Flower to take a short break after Test series - Aug 15, 2011
- Haddin not to return to West Indies, Wade set for Test debut - Mar 23, 2012
- Kohli moves to seventh in ICC ODI rankings - Jun 19, 2011
- Windies, Australia to renew ODI rivalry - Jul 22, 2012
- India still winless as first ODI abandoned (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2011
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Cricket Australia launches global hunt for new coach - Oct 18, 2011
- Hot Spot blinks, no DRS for India-England series - Oct 07, 2011
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- Eden Gardens to host three international matches - Jun 18, 2011