Hussey scores his best against India (Statistical highlights)October 10th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 10 (IANS) Michael Hussey notched up his highest score against India in the first cricket Test at M. Chinnaswamy stadium here Friday.Hussey’s knock of 146 is also the second highest in Test annals. His previous best against India was 145 not out at Sydney in January 2008.
Other statistical highlights of the match.
# Hussey’s hundred is his second away from home in nine Tests.
# Hussey’s only previous hundred away from home is his career-best 182 against Bangladesh at Chittagong (CDS) in April 2006.
# Anil Kumble, in his last seven innings against Australia, has conceded 100 runs five times - 43-6-129-0. Overall, he has conceded 100 runs in an innings 14 times against Australia - the most by any bowler. Only twice he has failed to take a single wicket even conceding 100 runs or more in an innings against Australia - the first instance being at Sydney in January 2000 — 33.2-6-126-0.
# Overall, Kumble has conceded 100 runs or more in an innings 56 times, an unwanted record, outstripping Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan’s 55 instances.
# Australia (430) recorded their second best score here - their highest being 474 in October 2004.
# Zaheer Khan (5/91) registered his best bowling performance in India. His first
five-wicket haul is his sixth overall in Test Cricket.
# Zaheer became the first Indian speedster to capture five wickets in an innings against Australia at Bangalore. Overall, he is the third Indian bowler to bag five wickets or more in an innings against Australia at this venue, joining Harbhajan Singh — 6 for 78 and 5 for 146 in 2004-05 and Anil Kumble — 6/98 in 1997-98.
- Proteas' run chase against India their highest in World Cup - Mar 13, 2011
- India crushed at SCG by an innings and 68 (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2012
- Clarke, Ponting virtually bat India out of SCG Test (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- Virender Sehwag gets his 23rd Test century - Oct 03, 2010
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- India on verge of innings defeat at SCG (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- First Test evenly poised as 15 wickets fall on third day (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Dhoni blames batting collapse for loss, hopes to win in Perth - Jan 06, 2012
- Saeed Ajmal becomes No.1 ranked ODI bowler - Sep 06, 2012
- Australia convincingly win MCG Test (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- India suffer batting collapse, Hilfenhaus bags maiden fifer (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- 100th Test victory for India (Statistical highlights) - Nov 27, 2009
- Murali only bowler to thrice claim 75 wickets or more in a year (Statistical highlights) - Jul 22, 2010
- Gambhir, Dhoni help India pull off four-wicket win against Oz (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Hussey, Forrest steer Australia to 269/8 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012