Husband strangle wife for not conceivingMay 8th, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) A 30-year-old man has been arrested here for allegedly strangling his wife for not conceiving and because she would not let him marry another woman, the police said Thursday. Sanjay was arrested from Hedgewar Hospital, where he had taken his wife Kavita for admission Wednesday evening after telling his in-laws that she had fallen ill.
“Doctors at the hospital declared Kavita ‘brought dead’ but suspected foul play. A medical report confirmed she was murdered,” said a police official.
“We detained him. Sanjay broke down and confessed he had strangled her. He said Kavita was unable to conceive in seven years of married life. So he wanted to marry another woman. Kavita objected to his plans and so he murdered her,” the official added.
- Three held for murder of Amrita Pritam's son - Sep 20, 2012
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- Three arrested for murder - Nov 07, 2011
- Delhi policeman's wife commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Man held for killing father - Jul 07, 2011
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Italian dies after wife stabs him in genitals - May 16, 2012
- Murder case in Italy solved after 35 years - Jan 19, 2011
- Pregnant woman found dead, parents allege murder - Apr 09, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Couple, driver held for three murders - Mar 14, 2011
- Jilted man kills girl - Jan 12, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011
- Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre - Oct 24, 2011