Husband murders wife in AgraSeptember 1st, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Sep 1 (IANS) A man, having an extra marital affair with another woman, murdered his wife following a heated argument in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Monday. The incident occurred late Sunday night in the Purani Galla mandi area of Kiroali village in Agra district.
Ashok, an auto driver, murdered Premwati, mother of his four children, with a ‘moosli’ (Pestle - heavy club-shaped implement used for crushing spices). Ashok was later caught by the villagers and handed over to the police.
“Ashok was living with another woman and Premwati could not tolerate this. Since Sunday evening they were having heated arguments following which Ashok picked up the moosli and hammered her head repeatedly,” a police official said.
Ashok has been charged for murder.
- Seven pilgrims die in Agra road accident - May 01, 2010
- Woman kills self, two children - Jul 09, 2010
- Dalit killed in clashes between protesters, police - Dec 30, 2011
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012
- Woman sets self, children afire - May 04, 2010
- Woman immolates self, three children - Apr 30, 2011
- Two treated in Agra after gas leak - Nov 15, 2011
- Bikaner residents block roads to protest murder - Jun 30, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Man shot over parking space - May 21, 2012
- Couple in extra marital affair burnt to death - Mar 03, 2010
- Agra businessman's body recovered - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Psycho-killer' held for three murders - May 21, 2011
- Haryana man kills son - Jul 06, 2011
- 10 detained in raid on Himachal rave party - Aug 05, 2012