Husband held in Mumbai woman’s suicide caseMarch 15th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 15 (IANS) The husband of a chartered accountant, who committed suicide after throwing her two children from the 19th floor of a building here last week, was nabbed Tuesday, police said. This is the second arrest in the case.
“We have arrested the victim’s (Nidhi Gupta) husband Pawan this (Tuesday) morning,” Senior Police Inspector Vinayak Kakade told IANS.
Police had Monday arrested Sunita Rakesh Gupta, Nidhi’s sister-in-law (older brother-in-law’s wife) from suburban Goregaon. “We are looking for her other in-laws and shall arrest them soon,” Kakade said.
Sunita and Pawan were presented before a local court Tuesday and have been remanded to police custody till March 21.
Nidhi Gupta, 30, threw her six-year-old son Gaurav and three-year-old daughter Mahika from the 19th floor of the 21-storied Sahyadri building in Malad suburb’s Govind Nagar March 8 and then jumped herself. The trio died on the spot.
Police booked her in-laws for harassment, torture and abetting suicide March 12.
Nidhi had left behind a suicide note in which she mentioned that nobody was responsible for her extreme step, Kakade said.
She lived along with her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law on the ninth floor of the same building.
The officer, however, declined to reveal the number of family members who were booked. The entire family was at home when the incident occurred.
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids - Mar 08, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: chartered accountant, extreme step, gaurav, goregaon, govind nagar, harassment, left behind, local court, mahika, march 21, mother in law, nidhi gupta, police inspector, rakesh gupta, sister in law, suicide case, suicide march, suicide note, tuesday morning, vinayak