Husband facilitates wife’s gang rape in Bengal, abscondingMarch 23rd, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Howrah (West Bengal), March 23 (IANS) Two men have been sent to police custody by a local court in West Bengal’s Howrah for allegedly raping a newly-married woman in connivance with her own husband who is absconding, police said Friday.
“Kartik Das and Raju Prasad were sent to custody by the court for their involvement in gang-raping a 19-year-old married woman. Her husband, who is suspected to have facilitated the crime, is absconding,” Howrah Deputy Commissioner of Police Sukesh Jain said.
The woman had married Bappa Ruidas a week before the incident. Das and Prasad, both friends of the husband, came to meet the couple Wednesday night. After a few minutes, Bappa left the house while the duo forced themselves on the victim, said an officer of Bally police station in the district.
The woman was initially reluctant to report the matter to the police, but finally lodged a complaint Thursday afternoon following which the two were arrested from the area late at night.
Bappa has been named as an accused in the FIR and the police are looking for him, added the officer.
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Three sent to judicial custody - Mar 03, 2012
- 10 held for gang-raping woman in Bengal - Sep 11, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Two arrested for Katwa rape - Mar 03, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Woman raped in Bengal, minister says law and order best - Aug 22, 2012
- Deaf-mute athlete raped in Bengal, attacker arrested - Jun 26, 2012
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Kolkata rape: Police custody for three accused till March 3 - Feb 19, 2012
- Chandigarh woman alleges gangrape - Jul 24, 2011
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- BPO rape: Three accused refuse identification parade - Dec 07, 2010
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Rape-accused NCP legislator remanded to police custody - Feb 27, 2011
Tags: absconding, bally, commissioner of police, connivance, deputy commissioner, few minutes, fir, gang rape, howrah, jain, kartik, local court, married woman, police station, prasad, raju, thursday afternoon, two men, wednesday night, west bengal