Husband beheads wife in human sacrifice in JharkhandMarch 2nd, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 2 (IANS) In a gory incident of human sacrifice in Jharkhand, a husband allegedly beheaded his wife and offered her severed head to appease a deity in the state’s Lohardagga district Friday, police said.
Jetawan Oraon, a tribal and resident of a village in Lohardagga district, allegedly beheaded his wife. Police recovered vermilion and prayer material near the woman’s severed head. Local people informed police that Jetawan had been engaging himself too much in prayers and pooja for the last few months.
Jetawan has run away after the incident. Police have launched search for him.
Superstition is rife among the state’s tribal people. Hundreds of women have been killed on charges of witchcraft in the past in Jharkhand.
- Husband beheads wife in human sacrifice in Jharkhand - Mar 02, 2012
- Brother kills family for practising witchcraft - Oct 28, 2011
- Two killed for practising witchcraft - Jan 02, 2011
- Human sacrifice suspected in man's death - Jan 05, 2011
- Woman sacrificed to appease tribal god - Apr 22, 2010
- Human sacrifice in an Indian temple - Apr 18, 2010
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- Another Assam woman killed for suspected witchcraft - Apr 18, 2011
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Tribals in Jharkhand celebrate Mansa festival - Aug 18, 2010
- Constable killed in accidental firing in Jharkhand - Nov 06, 2010
- Munda begins third leg of road check in Maoist areas - Jan 20, 2012
- Six members of a family hacked to death - Dec 13, 2009
- Maoists kill three of rival group - Jun 06, 2011
- Teenager held in Chhattisgarh for killing woman - Jun 20, 2011