Hurriyat revokes suspension of Ittehadul MuslimeenJune 2nd, 2011 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 1 (IANS) The nearly two-month-long suspension of the Moulvi Abbas Ansari-led Ittehadul Muslimeen from the moderate Hurriyat Conference in Kashmir was Wednesday revoked by the conglomerate, a press statement issued here said.
The statement said a meeting of the executive committee of the moderate Hurriyat Conference chaired by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq decided to revoke the suspension decision of its senior executive member and prominent Shia leader Ansari.
“The decision followed a report submitted by a two-member committee of the conglomerate which recommended the revocation of the suspension. The committee included former chairman Abdul Gani Bhat and Agha Hassan,” the statement said.
The Ittehadul Muslimeen was suspended by the moderate Hurriyat group April 21 after its chairman Ansari met with the three-member panel of central interlocutors at his downtown residence in summer capital Srinagar.
The moderate group while suspending Ittehadul Muslimeen had also issued a show case notice to Ansari.
- Mirwaiz to met Pakistani foreign secretary in Delhi - Feb 22, 2010
- Hurriyat suspends Ansari for meeting interlocutors (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Moderate Hurriyat issues notice to three leaders - Jun 01, 2012
- Ansari says he is happy to be out of Hurriyat - Apr 22, 2011
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Omar hails Hurriyat leader for meeting interlocutors - Apr 21, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors meet separatist leader - Apr 20, 2011
- Clash at Hurriyat seminar in Kashmir - May 20, 2012
- Mirwaiz suspends office bearers of his group - Nov 23, 2009
- Hurriyat suspends office bearers, committees (Lead) - Nov 23, 2009
- Hurriyat executive meets over 'quiet dialogue' - Dec 02, 2009
- Mirwaiz suspends entire Hurriyat (M) organization - Nov 24, 2009
- Kashmir cleric opposing stone throwing killed in blast (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2011
- Only dialogue can solve Kashmir problem: Jethmalani - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: abbas, agha, ansari, bhat, conglomerate, executive committee, executive member, farooq, gani, hassan, hurriyat conference, interlocutors, kashmir, member committee, member panel, moderate group, revocation, shia leader, show case