Hurriyat leaders sending delegates to Pakistan High Commission IftarSeptember 16th, 2008 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 16 (IANS) Kashmiri separatist leaders Syed Ali Geelani and Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, who were invited to an Iftar party at the Pakistan high commission in New Delhi, Tuesday said they will not attend the event but will send representatives.The Mirwaiz, chairman of the moderate Hurriyat group, said: “I will not be able attend the Iftar party at the Pakistani High Commission tomorrow (Wednesday) since I am busy with the details of our resistance movement.”
He added that he will send a delegation comprising moderate Hurriyat executive committee members Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Gani Lone and Maulwi Abbas Ansari to the event.
Geelani, head of the Hurriyat’s hardline faction, also said that he will send a delegation to the party although he won’t attend it himself.
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) sources said their chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik was also invited to the Iftar party being hosted by the Pakistani envoy Wednesday evening.
Sources said the separatist leaders held a meeting here Monday afternoon at the Nigeen residence of the Mirwaiz “to discuss the future of the resistance programme started by the joint coordination committee of both the Hurriyat groups”.
- Clash at Hurriyat seminar in Kashmir - May 20, 2012
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Kashmir participation must in India-Pakistan dialogue: Geelani - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Parliamentarians, civil society members meet Mirwaiz - Dec 04, 2010
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmir separatists meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 24, 2010
- EU delegation meets Kashmiri separatist leaders - Apr 19, 2010
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 23, 2010
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Geelani booked under Public Safety Act - Jun 24, 2010
- Geelani, Mirwaiz detained in Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
- Mirwaiz, Malik not to meet all-party team - Sep 20, 2010
- Geelani, Mirwaiz placed under house arrest - May 27, 2011