Human skeleton found in IIT KanpurAugust 24th, 2008 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 24 (IANS) A human skeleton was recovered in Uttar Pradesh’s Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur by labourers who were cleaning a patch of land, triggering panic in the campus, a police official said Sunday.The labourers spotted the skeleton late Saturday when they were cleaning a rarely frequented area behind the garages of the professors’ residences.
“The labourers found some bones and informed us. Later, when we dug up, we recovered the entire skeleton,” Superintendent of Police (rural) Lal Bahadur told IANS.
Some male clothes were recovered from the spot and the police suspect the skeleton to be of a man, around 25 years of age, he said.
“We have sent it for forensic tests and are scanning our records of missing youths in this age group,” he added.
IIT Kanpur is one of the top technological institutes in India, primarily focused on research in engineering and science, and the teaching of undergraduates.
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Six skeletons found in missing starlet's villa (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Skeletons found in Bengal sent for lab test - Jun 05, 2011
- IIT Kanpur girl student commits suicide - Nov 17, 2010
- What ails the IITs (Comment) - Oct 25, 2011
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- IIT-Kanpur alumni heading city's administration, police - Mar 23, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- Ex-IITian nabbed for friend's murder - Jan 26, 2012
- Skeleton found in IIT Kanpur may be of missing designer - Oct 23, 2008
- Forensic student reconstructs Stone Age boy's face - Oct 21, 2011
- Man identifies father's clothes in skeletal remains - Jun 06, 2011
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
- IIT Delhi also rejects CET, to have own exam - Jun 21, 2012