Huge haul of hashish seized in NashikFebruary 14th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik, Feb 14 (IANS) The Mumbai unit of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Monday seized 66 kg of hashish from two Tibetan nationals in Nashik city, an official said. “Acting on a tip-off, we raided the Tibetan Market area in Nashik and arrested two people and seized 66 kg of hashish,” NCB’s zonal director Yashodhan Wanage told IANS.
The arrested have been identified as Tsering Tobges, 45, and Tamdin Sichoe, 44.
“The duo had brought the hashish via Kashmir and was planning to sell it here,” Wanage said.
“The hashish would fetch Rs.2 lakh per kg in the Indian market and about Rs.5 lakh per kg in the international markets,” he added.
- Three arrested, 61 kg hashish seized - Oct 04, 2010
- Two Kashmiris among five nabbed with hashish in Mumbai - Jan 13, 2011
- Hashish costing Rs.5 mn seized from Delhi man - Feb 09, 2011
- Hashish worth Rs.32 lakh seized, two held - Dec 27, 2010
- 68 kg hashish seized from fruit market - Nov 16, 2010
- Shun drugs, Tendulkar says - Jun 26, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Mumbai gateway for international narcotics trade - Mar 26, 2011
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- International drug cartel busted, 8 foreigners, 1 Indian held - Aug 25, 2010
- Man held with 3.5 kg hashish - May 13, 2011
- Narcotics official held for taking bribe - May 16, 2012
- Turkey seized 11 tonnes of hashish in 2011 - Dec 17, 2011
- Dubai police seize over 56 kg hashish - Aug 04, 2012