Huge explosives haul recovered in Maoist hubNovember 14th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) A huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 70 kg of ammonium nitrate, has been seized in the Maoist-affected Chhattisgarh-Maharashtra border, an officer said here Monday.
The day-long operation conducted Sunday involved around 200 officers of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Chhatisgarh and Maharashtra police and resulted in the recovery of 31 detonators and 19 grenades, among others.
“The nitrate was enough to bring down a 10-storied building… We also seized a cache of carbines, gelatin rods and claymore mines,” an ITBP officer here said, requesting anonymity.
The arms and ammunition were recovered from the forested areas of Gwaldand, Maldogri and Jharikheri on the Chhattisgarh-Maharashtra border.
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
- Explosives seized in Gujarat, three held (Lead) - Feb 14, 2010
- Huge consignment of mining explosives seized - Jan 15, 2011
- UP police arrests one for supplying arms to Maoists - May 21, 2010
- Two held with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 05, 2010
- Security forces unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Sep 11, 2012
- Man arrested for supplying explosives to Maoists - May 21, 2010
- Explosives seized in Gujarat, four held (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2010
- Explosives seized in Madhya Pradesh town - Feb 14, 2010
- Paramilitary personnel bust a Maoist camp in Chhattisgarh - Jan 09, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Feb 26, 2011
- Arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Bihar - Oct 20, 2010
- More explosives seized in Gujarat (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
Tags: ammonium nitrate, ammunition, anonymity, border police, carbines, chhatisgarh, claymore mines, detonators, explosives, forested areas, grenades, hub, indo, kg, maharashtra police, maoist, New Delhi, tibetan border