Huge cash recovered from Fiza’s houseAugust 9th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 9 (IANS) Even after her death in mysterious circumstances, Fiza Mohammed a.k.a. Anuradha Bali continues to court controversy with the Mohali police Thursday recovering huge amount of currency notes from her locked house.
Fiza’s house is in sector 48, Mohali, 10 km from here.
Police sources said that the money recovered was still being counted. A cash counting machine was brought to count the currency notes.
“The money is being counted. It could be over Rs.one crore. There is jewellery also,” one police officer said.
Fiza, who was found dead in her house Monday morning, was Tuesday cremated as per Hindu rites by her relatives. Her post-mortem did not reveal any external injury, doctors had said.
Fiza had married former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan but was later divorced by him.
The body was found in a decomposed state. Police said she could have died four to five days back. Maggots and other insects had eaten away portions of her body, including her face.
The Mohali police, which is investigating her mysterious death, said that all angles, including suicide, murder and death by consuming something accidentally, were being investigated.
Anuradha Bali, who married Chander Mohan in November 2009 and was later divorced, had remained controversial.
She went missing in November 2008 with Chander Mohan. They reappeared in early December 2008 as a married couple after embracing Islam.
They got secretly married in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and changed their names from Chander Mohan to Chand Mohammed and from Anuradha Bali to Fiza.
Following the controversy over his affair and second marriage, Chander Mohan, elder son of three-time Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, lost his job in the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days, with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving her house Jan 28, 2009 and then did not communicate with her at all. He did a volte face a few weeks later but left her for good after that.
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed in hospital with multiple fractures - Jul 08, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Three arrested for creating ruckus outside Fiza's house - Jun 15, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: afte, anuradha, bhajan lal, bhupinder singh hooda, chand, chandigarh, crore, currency notes, deputy chief minister, hindu rites, maggots, meerut, mohali police, mohan, mysterious circumstances, mysterious death, police sources, rs one, second marriage, volte face