Hudson, Hendricks honoured for charity workSeptember 16th, 2011 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 16 (IANS) Actresses Jennifer Hudson and Christina Hendricks were honoured for their charity work at the Women Doing Good Awards.
The 4th edition of awards felicitated women who are changing the world for the better, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Hudson was recognised for her contribution in Julian D. King Gift Foundation, a charity that hands out toys to needy children. She founded the organisation in memory of her nephew Julian, 7, after he was murdered in 2008.
Hendricks was appreciated for her fundraising for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which helps sick children see their dreams come true.
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Hendricks doesn't want kids - Aug 12, 2012
- Gaga releasing charity stationery - Aug 31, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Garner to host fundraiser at hometown - Jun 19, 2011
- Hollywood celebrites donating shoes for charity - Apr 23, 2011
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson took lip injection for 'Dreamgirls' role - Sep 09, 2012
- Stars turn out to support Mary J. Blige's fundraiser - May 04, 2011
- Mendes, Biel and Weisz launch directorial debuts - Oct 28, 2010
- Aniston game for artificial insemination - Apr 10, 2011
- Olsens gift high-end shoes to underprivileged kids - Jul 29, 2011
- Rowling honoured with London award - May 10, 2012
Tags: actresses, charity work, christina hendricks, d king, dreams, fundraising, gift foundation, jennifer hudson, julian, memory, needy children, nephew, sick children, toys, wish foundation, york sep