Hu Jintao meets AhmadinejadSeptember 6th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 6 (Xinhua) Chinese President Hu Jintao Saturday met his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is here to attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Paralympic Games. Hu first extended a warm welcome to Ahmadinejad and thanked Iran for its support to the Beijing Olympics and Paralympics.
“I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you and other Iranian leaders for the assistance your government provided for the Chinese people affected by the May 12 Sichuan earthquake,” Hu said.
In recent years, China and Iran have made great progress in consolidating their bilateral relationship in various fields, said Hu.
“Both China and Iran are big developing nations, and have strong economic complementarity and great potential of cooperation,” he added.
President Ahmadinejad congratulated Hu on the success of the Beijing Olympic Games, and wished a complete success for the Beijing Paralympic Games the opening ceremony of which was scheduled Saturday night.
As two ancient civilizations, Iran and China share the common aspiration to strengthen bilateral exchange and cooperation, said the Iranian leader.
On the Iran nuclear issue, the Chinese president pointed out that the Chinese side respects Iran’s right to the peaceful use of nuclear energy, supports safeguarding the international non-proliferation regime, and adheres to the peaceful settlement of the Iran nuclear issue through dialogues and negotiations.
- Chinese president meets Ahmadinejad - Jun 08, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China for Shanghai summit - Jun 05, 2012
- SCO summit convenes in Beijing - Jun 05, 2012
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran slams nuclear powers - Jun 11, 2010
- Krishna meets China's would-be PM - Jun 06, 2012
- Russia supports Iran's peaceful n-programme: Putin - Jun 07, 2012
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011
- Egyptian president to visit China - Aug 23, 2012
- Ahead of BRICS summit, Krishna to visit China - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran fires foreign minister, appoints top nuclear chief - Dec 13, 2010
- US vice president reaches China on official visit - Aug 18, 2011
- Putin to hold talks with Ahmadinejad - Jun 03, 2012