HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India (Lead)June 27th, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) Smartphone manufacturer HTC Monday launched its first tablet in India — HTC Flyer — priced at Rs.39,890.
“We saw an opportunity to create a tablet experience that is different, more personal and productive,” said Faisal Siddiqui, country manager, HTC India.
According to the company, the seven-inch touch screen tablet is powered by a 1.5 Ghz processor coupled with HTC sense — a graphical user interface which combines natural touch and pen interaction.
The Taiwan-based company is considered to be a pioneer in the field of high processing power smartphones in the world.
The tablet also comes with HTC watch — HTC’s new video download service which enables low-cost on-demand progressive downloading of hundreds of high-definition movies.
For gaming enthusiasts, HTC Flyer is integrated with a cloud-based gaming service from OnLive Inc, and helps customers to connect the tablet to their television sets through broadband wireless or lets them play directly on the tablet.
“HTC believes that many people are progressing beyond a single wireless device paradigm into an era where some will own multiple wireless devices that serve their different needs,” Siddiqui said.
The new tablet would compete with existing players such as Samsung’s Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Playbook and Apple iPad.
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- BlackBerry partners Sprint as tablet market soars - Jan 07, 2011
- HTC launches glasses-free 3D smartphone - Aug 31, 2011
- BlackBerry unveils PlayBook tablet to take on iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet may hit market April 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Samsung Epic 4G - Sep 24, 2010
- Intel ships new Atom processors to PC makers - Dec 29, 2011
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- RIM launches upgraded PlayBook operating system in India - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: apple ipad, blackberry, broadband wireless, device paradigm, galaxy, gaming enthusiasts, gaming service, ghz processor, graphical user interface, june 27, New Delhi, onlive, pen interaction, pioneer, playbook, processing power, samsung, smartphones, television sets, touch screen