HP launches solutions for SMBsJuly 5th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi,July 5 (IANS) IT giant HP Thursday launched new solutions and services to help small and medium businesses (SMBs) build their technology infrastructure to cater to the rising mobile workforce.
The trend to use devices to access email and other business data requires SMBs to prepare their infrastructure to support increased mobility.
Apart from access devices like routers and port switches, business protection solutions like servers, the offerings also include training programmes that enable resource challenged SMBs to simplify IT while enhancing collaboration in an increasingly mobile world.
“With more than 1.1 billion mobile applications in use worldwide, organisations of all sizes are challenged by the need to access, manage and secure mobile devices and the data generated by them,” said Prakash Krishnamoorthy, HP country manager (Networking).
“HP Converged Infrastructure provides the ideal platform for the secured continuous access to data and applications,” he added.
According to Krishnamoorthy, the SMB market in India is worth $18 billion and the the sector will soon witness a huge growth.
A study by research firm Gartner says that by 2016 at least 50 percent of business email users will rely primarily on a tablet or a mobile instead of a traditional desktop.
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- IBM unveils new virtual desktop solution in India - May 11, 2011
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in Karnataka - Mar 12, 2011
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- HP plans to cut 2,000 more jobs - Sep 11, 2012
- Cloud-based tablet solution for students launched - Jan 25, 2012
- TCS launches IT solution for SMBs in Rajasthan - May 06, 2011
- Now print from your BlackBerry anywhere! - May 05, 2009
- Virtualisation poses challenges to disaster recovery plans: study - Dec 25, 2010
- India's spending on green IT to double by 2015, says report - Sep 19, 2011
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- India's PC market declines - Feb 15, 2012
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, access to data, business data, business email, business protection, gartner, medium businesses, mobile applications, mobile devices, mobile workforce, mobile world, New Delhi, new solutions, offerings, port switches, protection solutions, routers, smb market, technology infrastructure, traditional desktop