Houston likely to host 2013 NBA All-Star gameFebruary 8th, 2012 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Houston, Feb 8 (IANS) The 2013 NBA All-Star game is expected to be held in the fourth largest US city of Houston.
The NBA has called for “a major NBA announcement” Wednesday at Toyota Center with Houston Mayor Annise Parker, Rockets CEO Tad Brown and NBA commissioner David Stern to appear, according to the local newspaper Houston Chronicle.
Earlier, a report by the newspaper said Houston and the Rockets have landed the event. The game will be played Feb 17 at Toyota Center, which also hosted the 2006 game, the report said.
Houston also hosted the 1989 All-Star Game at the Astrodome.
- Houston awarded 2013 NBA All-Star Game - Feb 09, 2012
- Los Angeles Lakers Steal The Show - Oct 27, 2010
- Justin Bieber Gets A Los Angeles Lakers Ring - Oct 27, 2010
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- UAE envoy visits Houston over UAE national's death - Aug 19, 2011
- Evans wins slam dunk, Love shoots down three-point contest - Feb 26, 2012
- Bryant overtakes Jordan to lead NBA All-Star score - Feb 27, 2012
- Video of Houston Police Beating Black Teen Boy Released - Feb 04, 2011
- Houston Police Officers Beating Black Teen Boy Stirs Uproar - Feb 06, 2011
- David Stern Hands Over The Championship Ring 2010 To The Los Angeles Lakers - Oct 28, 2010
- NBA to cancel some more games - Oct 25, 2011
- World's largest art car parade rolls through US city - May 13, 2012
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- NBA Talks resume after a long deadlock - Oct 19, 2011
- MLS All-Star Game to be held in New York's Red Bull Arena - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: all star game houston, annise parker, astrodome, ceo, city of houston, commissioner david stern, houston chronicle, houston mayor, nba all star, nba all star game, nba all star game houston, nba commissioner david stern, rockets, tad, toyota, toyota center