Hours-old new born found dumped in Chandigarh garbage binNovember 2nd, 2008 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 2 (IANS) A barely six-hour-old male baby was found lying abandoned in a garbage bin Sunday morning in Chandigarh, the police said.”A resident of Bapu Dham colony informed the police about a child lying there. We reached the spot and immediately shifted the baby to the hospital,” Sukhwinder Singh, investigating officer of the case, told IANS.
“Doctors at the hospital said that the baby was just six-hours-old and was healthy with the appropriate weight and height,” Singh said.
“Police have registered a case and started investigations. Three couples even came to us to adopt the child but we have had to refuse as we cannot do so until our investigations and legal formalities are over,” Singh said.
- Stillborn found near rail tracks - Nov 01, 2011
- Girl child found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 05, 2012
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Infant girl survives garbage dump fire - Oct 22, 2010
- Two Punjab women dupe six with lure of Canada - Feb 03, 2011
- Baby girl found abandoned by wayside - Sep 04, 2011
- Newborn girl's body found in train - Feb 15, 2011
- Chandigarh hit and run: police yet to trace other girl - Aug 19, 2010
- Three booked for wrong blood transfusion - Jun 15, 2011
- Infant girl left at ashram doorstep - May 09, 2012
- Baby girl tortured by father, this time in Bangalore (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Battered baby remains critical, police hunt for parents (Roundup) - Jan 27, 2012
- Day-old girl found abandoned at Pune garbage dump - Jun 25, 2011