Hot water thrown on boy in Uttar PradeshMay 22nd, 2012 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 22 (IANS) A minor boy Tuesday received burns after hot water was thrown on him when he was entering a shopping plaza to buy toffees in Uttar Pradesh, police said. The boy blamed a shop keeper for the incident but police said it was an accident.
Manohar, 7, was injured at a plaza at Ghazipur square in Mau district, 440 km from here.
The boy alleged that the water was thrown at him by a shop keeper as a punishment for trying to enter the plaza in his rags.
Mau Superintendent of Police Vikramaditya Sachan told IANS that somebody accidentally threw hot water on the boy when he was entering the plaza.
He added that police were probing the charges levelled by the boy and his parents but he, prima facie, ruled out the allegation that a shop owner deliberately threw the water on the victim.
The boy’s father rushed him to the district hospital after the incident. Doctors said he sustained 30 percent burns and was out of danger.
- Boy burnt for playing prank - Jul 02, 2011
- Doctor's death: Uttar Pradesh insists it was suicide - Jun 24, 2011
- Court rejects plea for CBI probe; Doctor cremated (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- Six women dead in boat capsize - Mar 04, 2011
- Rights panel serves notices to Mayawati government - Jun 24, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- Register murder case, demands Uttar Pradesh doctor's wife (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Lucknow doctor's murder solved, junior behind killing: police - Jun 17, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh rights panel takes up killed doctor's case - Jun 24, 2011
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Mukhtar Ansari's sharpshooter arrested - Nov 16, 2010
- Mall security guard shot at in Delhi - Mar 10, 2011
- Lucknow jail in-charge draws flak over Sachan's murder - Jul 01, 2011
- Lucknow jail death: Apex court favours independent probe (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012