Hot Saturday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead)June 2nd, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) After a sweltering Saturday, Delhiites got some respite in the evening as the skies turned cloudy and some parts of the capital witnessed duststorms.
Saturday’s maximum temperature was four notches above average at 44.2 degrees Celsius while the minimum was six notches above average at 33.2 degrees. The humidity levels wavered between a high of 41 and 30 percent.
It was a double whammy for several Delhiites who not only grappled with high temperatures but were also troubled by long power outages.
According to a power department official, long power cuts were reported from south and west Delhi.
The met office has forecast rains towards the night or Sunday morning.
“The weather will be pleasant and there is a possibility of thundershowers tonight or tomorrow (Sunday) morning,” said an official of the India Meteorological department (IMD).
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 42 and 32 degrees Celsius,” added the official.
Friday’s maximum temperature settled at 43 degrees Celsius, three notches above the average, while the minimum was 34.3 degrees Celsius, seven notches above the average.
- Drizzle Saturday evening gives Delhi respite (Second lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected - May 19, 2011
- Clear morning in Delhi, light rains ahead - Jun 03, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected Friday (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, dust storm likely - Jun 02, 2012
- Scorching day in North India (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Rains in Delhi, more expected Friday (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Cloudy morning for Delhi, rain likely - Aug 05, 2012
- Another hot day in capital - Jun 06, 2011
- Hot day in Delhi, no relief in store (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Another blazing day in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Pleasant weekend forecast for Delhi (Lead) - Nov 19, 2011
- Sunny, windy Thursday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: double whammy, high temperatures, humidity levels, india meteorological department, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, power outages, respite, sunday morning, three notches, weather, west delhi