Hot day in Delhi, thunderstorms likely (Lead)May 20th, 2011 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) It was a hot, bright day in the national capital Friday with mercury crossing the 40-degree mark. But the weatherman has forecast thunderstorms and light rain in parts of the city over the next 24 hours.
“The maximum temperature was 40 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average for the season, while the minimum was at 25.1 degrees, two above the average,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
“There is a possibility of thunderstorms and light rainfall in parts of the city over the next 24 hours (till Saturday). The skies will remain partly cloudy,” the official added.
Humidity wavered between a high of 66 percent and a low of 28 percent.
Saturday’s minimum and maximum temperatures are expected to be around 27 and 39 degrees Celsius respectively.
- Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Delhi has hot day, thunderstorms likely (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Warm and humid day in Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Light rains in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected Friday (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Pleasant morning in capital, thunderstorms likely - May 05, 2011
- Sunny Sunday in Delhi, cloudy Monday likely (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: degree mark, hot day, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rain, light rainfall, maximum temperature, maximum temperatures, mercury, New Delhi, notch, thunderstorms, weatherman