Hot day in Delhi, rains likely Friday (Lead)July 7th, 2011 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) It was a hot and muggy day in the national capital Thursday as the maximum temperature was recorded a notch above average at 36.5 degrees Celsius. The Met Office has forecast rains for Friday.
“The skies will remain partly cloudy and there is a possibility of thundershowers in some parts of the city,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius respectively,” he added.
During the day, some parts of the city received traces of rainfall.
“The minimum temperature was recorded a notch above average at 27.8 degrees Celsius,” said the official.
According to IMD, the humidity levels wavered between a high of 86 and a low of 53 percent.
Wednesday’s maximum temperature was recorded at 34 degrees Celsius, two degrees below the average for the season, while the rainfall recorded was 2.4 mm.
- Rains skip Delhi again, likely Friday - Aug 18, 2011
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains likely Sunday (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 23, 2011
- Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, Sunday likely to be wet day (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Hot Thursday in Delhi, similar weather Friday (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: hot day, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, rainfall, thundershowers, traces