Hot day for Delhi, light rains expectedJuly 2nd, 2012 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The week began on a sweltering note Monday with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 32 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast some respite with light rains in the evening.
“Sky will be clear during the day. Towards evening, the sky will become partly cloudy. Thunder developments and light rain is expected,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around the 43 degrees Celsius mark, added the IMD official.
The maximum humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 67 percent.
Sunday’s maximum temperature was seven notches above average at 43.2 degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature was four notches above average at 31.4 degrees Celsius.
- Delhi continues to swelter, monsoon likely after July 3 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sunny morning in capital, rain likely - Jun 23, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 22, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 25, 2012
- Sweltering morning for Delhi, rain likely - Jun 24, 2012
- Pleasant Wednesday morning in capital, rain likely - Feb 15, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain in store - Apr 12, 2012
- Sunny Sunday morning in Delhi, wet evening likely - Sep 02, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Bright day in Delhi, thunder storm expected - May 11, 2012
- Warm day for Delhi, possibility of rain - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: degree celsius, evening sky, hot day, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rain, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notches, respite, weather office